Well done, you’re having a baby! If this is your first baby, you’ll be spending some bucks for all the things your new addition will need but don’t fork out a lot of money on a maternity wardrobe. Here are a few tips that will help you spend less a lot of money on your clothes.
One of the most important things to remember about this time in your life is that you’re really only going to need true maternity clothes for about four to five months. Be practical about your needs. Don’t obtain expensive maternity clothes for “just in case” functions unless you know you’ll really need it.
Don’t assume that you can purchase are clothes labeled ‘maternity’ especially in the first few several months when you might need a bit more room but you’re not looking definitely pregnant yet. Many styles, like the newer baby-doll tshirts allow a generous bit of fabric in the front. The same applies to pants in that early on, you might need a bit of stretch inside waist but you won’t fill out maternity pants yet. Shorts with elastic waist bands will fit the bill.
Let me effect briefly on saving a bit of money on bras and undergarments while you’re pregnant. Don’t spend money on maternity underwear. These people designed to stretch out over your tummy but it’s really more leisurely and easier to wear bikini underwear and let it remain under your tummy (trust me and lots of other women of all ages on this one). You’ll find that early on, your breasts will get more substantial and you’ll need to go up in cup-size. Later on, you’ll notice that may very well not need a larger cup size but you’ll need a bit more bedroom around. Don’t go out and buy another new bra. You can find perfekt extenders at sewing centers. They don’t require sewing and just connect to your current bra at the hook and loops. They are really about $2 compared to $30+ for new bras.
Here are the opposite ideas to help you save a lot of money on maternity clothes:
1) Access clothes from friends – My girlfriend started her family before I did and she actually offered the girl maternity clothes to me to use during my pregnancy. In the same way, My partner and i offered her some of my own maternity clothes when she was pregnant after me. We actually exchanged precisely the same clothes four times before I sent them on top of my sister-in-law and she and her friends swapped them several more times.
When borrowing maternity clothing, DO make sure to take care of the clothes and launder them properly. Make sure to return them when you’re done using them except when you’ve been clearly told not to return them (I was a bit upset when a coworker gave away wide variety my maternity clothes without my okay because the girl thought we were done having children).
2) Thrift stores – So many women quickly get rid of their maternity outfits when they think they’re done having kids. They don’t need to look at the “fat clothes” any more. Although I wasn’t want to buy business-type maternity clothes, I was amazed at how inexpensive some of those types of maternity clothes were (after having seen all of them for full-price in a maternity clothing store).
3) Consignment shops – Sometimes you might need a dress or outfit for just a special occasion. My brother was getting married when I was VERY expecting a baby with our third and I chose to not be a bridesmaid although was going to do a reading and needed something special. I stumbled upon some very nice maternity “special occasion” dresses at a neighborhood consignment shop for a fraction of their original cost.
4) eBay – If you do a search of “maternity clothes ton size ___”, you’ll find a large selection of maternity clothes available. You can get sellers looking to sell “lots” of clothing or unique pieces.
5) Craigslist. org – Craig list is a wonderful place to find a lot of things, not just maternity clothes. Searching your area of the state and contact most sellers over the e-mails provided. Many sellers are looking to sell entire closets for very little. For safety, never meet up with any entrepreneur alone and don’t tell the seller your exact address.
6) Box Stores – Many of the large chain box shops now carry maternity clothes; Target, Wal-Mart, Kmart as well as Kohl’s, just to name a few. These stores are much inexpensive than the specialty maternity clothing stores I was mainly on a when I was pregnant. Stores like Kohl’s always offer up coupons that can help you stretch your maternity clothing funds even further. Don’t forget to look outside of the maternity department for garments that have a bit more fabric, stretch or style that doesn’t control it to just those of us who aren’t pregnant. Know more https://bunnemamalade.com/